Sunday, September 23, 2012

Quinnley's arrival!





So the month of January and most of February seemed interminable waiting for that little girl to get there.  My midwife didn't think I would make it another week after my 39 week appointment.  But I did. . . I made it two weeks (13 days and 12 hours but who's counting).  The Friday that she was born I woke up at three in the morning having strong contractions every 15 minutes.  That lasted for 4 hours and then quit.  We had a docs appointment that morning and we were hoping she would just induce us right then.  She didn't.  So through out the day I would have spells of contractions and then they would quit.  I had them all the way through dinner time consistently every 12 minutes and then they quit and 9.  So I went to bed.  At 10 :45 they were back very strong.  Not very consistent at first and then consistently every 3 minutes for 20 minutes which is when I got Jake out of bed.  And he rushed around the room gathering stuff.  It was a good thing Zephanie was there so we didn't have to drop kiddos off.  I had them consistently all the way to the hospital I couldn't even dial the phone or walk into the hospital.  I had to stop every 10 feet and breathe.  Someone brought us out a wheel chair but nobody at the front desk called up to the delivery floor to let them know we were there.  Quinnley Noelle was born only 30 minutes after we got to the hospital.  I went natural (naturally there was no time for an epidural).  For about 20 minutes it was really hard, but then she was born and recovery was so smooth.  She was by far our biggest baby at 8 lbs 13 oz.  She promptly made everyone's acquaintance by pooping on everyone and everything.  And she was loud.  I was sooooo happy to get her here.

So were her big sisters.  Kadence took right to mothering her and wanted to hold every chance she could get. Maizy was a little less sure but still wanted to hold her.  Kadence was awesome.  Maizy had about a week where she was into everything and needed extra attention.  Jake loves here but still isn't adjusted to having 3 kids. It makes us feel. . .  how should I say it . . . . old?  Hate to put that in print.  With just one you still feel like you are mostly newly weds and young parents but with three there is just no getting around the fact that you have been parents for awhile.
Well we are still not current yet but at least you know we have three kids so getting closer.  I will try to do better.  Signing off for today.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for updating! I can't believe you had her so fast after you got to the hospital. You were a trooper.

    ReplyDelete